Monday, July 24, 2006

Proud Parent!


Congratulations are in order! I am now the proud parent of a second generation public school teacher. Our son Andy (third from the left in the picture) has just been hired as a third grade teacher at Cody Elementary School just outside of Bettendorf, Iowa. Andy ended a five year career in professional hockey (minor league) last year, and finished his degree in elementary education at Minnesota State University in Mankato this winter. His new school is in the Pleasant Valley School District where his wife, Kelly (fourth from the left) works as a probation officer. If you're wondering who the other people in the picture are, the old codger on the far left is yours truly, and the very pretty lady next to me is my wife, Susan. (And no, she's not that much younger than me!) The two fellows on the right are our sons Garrett and Patrick. Both of have jobs dealing with computers and software, but I don't understand exactly what they do even when they explain it to me slowly. (Liz, I hope you liked the picture!)

6 Comments:

Blogger NYC Educator said...

Congratulations!

My daughter wants to be a teacher too. I hope it's still worth doing by the time she gets around to it.

7/25/2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger Dennis Fermoyle said...

NYC Educator, you do have a wit!

7/25/2006 6:44 PM  
Blogger DesertSurfer said...

Congrats on passing it along.

My mother retired from a 28 year career in teaching and I always found it "quaint" growing up but my mind was set on business. The funny thing is I remember well taking one of those career aptitude tests in high school and it clearly pointed to teaching and I just laughed at it.

And now after over 8 years in the business world, here I am a school teacher!!

I also just recently found out that my father really wanted to become a teacher growing up but because of family issues ended up going the Air Force instead.

I guess it was in my blood all along...sometimes it is wise just not to fight "fate".

Strausser

7/26/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger EHT said...

I see no old codgers in the picture.....only four very hunky men of varying ages. You have a lovely family and you have a right to be very proud.

7/26/2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger Dennis Fermoyle said...

EHT, you just became one of my favorite people in the whole world! But then, you already were :)

7/26/2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

You have every right to be proud. You are obviously a great role model for your son. Congratulations! And, yes, you do have a very lovely family.

7/28/2006 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home